Monday, March 29, 2010

Meal Planning - March 29

My goodness, last week sure zipped right along, didn't it? It's amazing how much faster time goes when you're at home recuperating than when you're in your normal routine. This is a good week for meal planning (as far as I'm concerned). I've finally admitted that it is humanly impossible for me to cook a meal on Wednesday evening and still make it to church/choir practice on time, so for the next few weeks I am going to see what happens if I just leave my husband to his own devices. In the spirit of keeping a positive attitude, I will keep my predictions to myself ;-)

We also have Easter coming up next Sunday, and it is getting to be tradition in our house that Daddy cook most of the holiday meals. This makes Mommy very, very happy :-)

Here is our plan for this week:

Monday - Chicken Spaghetti (made ahead and frozen; I leave out the pimentos)

Tuesday - Lasagna (made ahead and frozen; I always cook the beef in red wine)

Wednesday - Daddy cooks

Thursday - Spaghetti Night (I promise, I will get my sauce recipe on here one of these days!)

Friday - Chicken, Rice & Broccoli Casserole (made ahead and frozen; scroll down to the end of the linked post for the recipe)

Saturday - Potato Soup (made ahead and frozen)

Sunday - Daddy cooks

I'm hoping to get a cooking day done next weekend (you know, in between egg hunts and church services), so perhaps my menu next week will be more exciting. In the meantime, if you need some cooking inspiration, head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu-Plan-Monday section for literally hundreds of other bloggers' menus and recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment