Monday, March 22, 2010

Birthday Party? Check!

Well, I am happily surprised to announce I received an e-mail from Around Town Kids today telling me that our son is one of the winners of a free birthday party and cake during the month of May! After last year's big bash at Pump It Up (we thought it was going to be his last birthday in Texas and wanted to make it memorable - it was awesome but a little overpriced, in our opinion) we have been planning for months to do a low key, low budget bash at The Tubes, a community play area at Irving Bible Church, but I guess that can wait until next year! Here's what I know so far:

The party will be at Metroplex Fun & Fitness Center in Allen. Pro: There is a chance of an Olympic gymnast sighting - Jayce Phelps is one of the head gymnastics coaches here! Con: It's a 30 minute drive from our house. Not a big deal for us, but we'll see what the other parents think, eh? The cake will be provided by Sugar Rush Bakery (My husband's response when he heard the name of the bakery: "Hmmm...well, it's a good thing they'll be running around!"). The party package is for 15 children and includes 60 minutes of private time in the gym, 30 minutes in the private party room, helium balloons and party favors for all the kids, and a special birthday t-shirt for our son. Metroplex will also provide the birthday invitations for us.

Well, that's enough gushing for now - although I will share I am taking this as a sign that it's worth the 30 seconds it takes to fill out a contest entry form ;-) I'll keep y'all abreast of the details as they get work out! In the meantime, where is your favorite birthday party location? Why? What has been your child's (or your) most memorable birthday party thus far?

No comments:

Post a Comment