Monday, January 30, 2012

No-Good, Very Bad Day

What's that children's book? About the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day? I had one of those today and, while I am still able to think of good things that I am thankful for today (I believe nosespray went in my Thankfulness Journal this morning, actually), the extent of my awakeness & attention right now is limited to watching Ugly Betty DVDs and knitting. Oh, and taking a quick picture (below) to show you my knitting progress. Other than that, ugh. Just UGH. I want ice cream, but I'm drinking water instead. Emotional sugar eater, what? Yup, that's me. Seriously, though, it's Monday. I should not be crying uncontrollably at work on a Monday. Especially when last week I cried briefly at work on Tuesday, which sort of was my Monday, as I had Monday off. And today's crying didn't even have anything to do with my job, really - it was caused by a very rude postal worker as I was attempting to pick up the mail on my way to the office. Note to cranky postal workers everywhere: You are not the only ones with difficult jobs and menial tasks to complete. Just because you hate your life or whatever doesn't mean that you can take it out on the rest of us. Seriously. I just want to get through a week without crying. Especially since the initial rude-postal-worker-crying turned into a few hours of I-miss-my-husband-and-baby-crying. Just weeping, crazy weeping. Ridiculous.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go knit a few more rows and drink 12 more glasses of water to stave of my sugar cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment