Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Wrap Up

Well, clearly I've been neglecting my blog lately. On the upside, I have been getting a lot done at work and with my family, if not so much blogging or housework, LOL! This weekend has been enjoyable. Friday evening the three of us decided to run wild and go out to dinner (always an adventure with a preschooler), then stayed up about an hour later than usual (read: 10 pm), just hanging out. Saturday morning we had planned to sleep in (until 7:00 - I know, we're wild!) but we all woke up around 5:45 am, so we just went with. My husband headed to the barbershop and Monkey and I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast before taking off a little earlier than usual for dance class, as we were swinging by the gymnastics place to pick up his birthday party invitations. Saturday afternoon we attended a fundraiser carnival at one of the elementary schools I serve, got caught in a torrential downpour (gotta love Texas weather!), and then took Monkey to the barbershop to shear down his curly locks a bit. He definitely has mixed baby hair - lots of fine strands of curly hair that grows like wildfire!

This morning we again tried to sleep in, and again woke up around 6:00 am. What can you do? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? So we headed out to the grocery store to get the weekly shopping done. I was reluctant to leave the house but, as my husband pointed out, "You'll be happy in a couple hours that you've already gotten the groceries!" How did I end up marrying such a smart man? He was right, of course :-)

The rest of the day has been spent cleaning, organizing and cooking. So far, I have the salsa chicken (1 serving, slow cooker recipe), zuppa toscana (3 servings) and tortilla chicken (2 servings) in the freezer. The second serving of salsa chicken is sitting happily in the fridge, waiting to be devoured by my boys for dinner tomorrow night. The scenario went something like this:

Husband: What is that? It smells great!

Me: It's salsa chicken. I'm cooking it to put in the freezer.

Husband: When will it be ready?

Me: 1:00ish...um, why?

Husband: [getting plate out of cupboard]

I convinced him to wait until tomorrow, as he was already planning on making us beef burritos tonight, and far be it for me to discourage him from cooking! Husband also scoured both bathrooms earlier today and vacuumed the whole apartment, so he's pretty much the perfect spouse today :-)

My Hungarian pot roast (2 servings) is currently in the slow cooker and I have chicken boiling on the stove to make King Ranch chicken casseroles (2 servings, maybe 3...depends how big it looks in the mixing bowl!). After that, only 2 more recipes to go. I may actually get 6, or even all 7, recipes done today! I'm also simultaneously baking four batches of brownies for my husband's students. Apparently, they did a great job on fractions last week. Ah, the glamorous life of being married to a math teacher!

In other news, I recently found out I'm one of the winners of a 3-Day Cleanse book giveaway over on the Adventures of Paul & Natalie blog. This is one of my favorite blogs to follow and Natalie always has fun giveaways going on. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment