Sunday, April 18, 2010

Meal Planning - April 19

I'm happy to report that I am not making dinner tonight. Instead of making sweet & sour chicken, as planned, my wonderful husband volunteered to make beef burritos this evening. Since I've been doing freeze-ahead cooking all day, it's nice to take a break from the kitchen for other pursuits (like laundry, LOL!) and save the sweet & sour chicken for next weekend, when my freeze-ahead plans only include a monster batch of spaghetti sauce. I may even remember to write down my recipe as I make it! Here's what we're planning to eat this week:

Monday - Salsa Chicken (made ahead today & waiting in the fridge - can also be frozen)

Tuesday - Hungarian Pot Roast (made ahead & frozen)

Wednesday - Artichoke Chicken (made ahead & frozen; my husband will be having fast food. He tried this recipe last time and didn't care for it at all, so it will not be making another appearance on our meal plan!)

Thursday - Spaghetti with Meat Sauce

Friday - Zuppa Toscana (made ahead & frozen)

Saturday - King Ranch Chicken Casserole (made ahead & frozen; thanks to my friend Virginia Wine Girl for the recipe!)

Sunday - Sweet & Sour Chicken (and possibly some Mongolian Beef, if I can find the recipe!)

Need more ideas for delicious dinners your family will love? Head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday event, where hundreds of other bloggers link their menus and recipes. It's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment