Friday, December 30, 2011

Some Bodies are Sleeping in MY Bed

Well, not in MY bed, so much as my sleeper sofa, the sleeper sofa in the other daylight basement room, and even the little loveseat in there (that's how to tuck away a teeny-tiny, 3-year-old niece). That's right, my sister and her family are spending the night tonight, in visiting from Seattle! We enjoyed some take-out Thai with our Dad for dinner, played with the kiddos for a while, then had some great grown-up conversation time after they were down for the count. I couldn't risk taking a photo of them sleeping, in case the flash woke them up, so you'll just have to imagine the 3-year-old spooning with her 7-year-old sister - precious! Remind me of moments like these the next time I'm whining about being homesick for Texas, okay?

Many bloggers whom I follow have been posting about the upcoming New Year's weekend, of course, as well as their goals and resolutions for 2012. Several mentioned finding key words or phrases by which to shape the start of the new year. I have been ruminating on this for a few weeks, not willing to settle on simply "lose weight" or even "take better care of myself" - though those are immediately applicable objectives after this stressful, sick-filled year of 2011. I want to think bigger picture. The word with which I choose to approach 2012 is INTENTION.


That's all I'm saying about it for now. Still needs a few more days to rattle around my brain before any goals and objectives come out (why yes, I AM a behavioral scientist by trade, however did you know?!? LOL). In the meantime, I hope you all enjoy a happy, healthy, safe yet exciting New Year's Eve celebration with people you love this weekend. One more day to end 2011 right!

No comments:

Post a Comment