Thursday, February 3, 2011

Icepocalyse & Valentines

Day 3 of Icepocalypse (as the local news folks are calling it) is nearly to an end and the menfolk are still climbing the walls with cabin fever. We ventured out this afternoon for my follow-up visit at the medical clinic. It was scary sliding through the ice-covered parking lot and the big needle in my gluteus maximus didn't feel so hot, but six days of being sick is about all I can handle before the internal cabin fever begins. And let's be honest, it's a heck of a lot easier to get out of an ice-in apartment than your own skin! Anyhow, the steroids have entered the body - let the healing begin!

As usual, I have not been nearly as productive as I would wish to be during an unexpected week off work. I suppose I should cut myself some slack, considering I've been feverish and sleeping more than usual, but that's not really our style as women, now, is it? I don't know about you, but unless I'm strapped to a hospital bed, I feel guilty allowing myself to be sick and let things go to heck in a handbasket around the house.

I am happy that Monkey Boy has completed his Valentines for school long before the big day. We made it an assembly line-style family affair this year: Daddy folded the cardstock and cut out the hearts, I affixed the tie-dye origami paper behind the "windows", Monkey made the list of classmates and teachers and carefully addressed each Valentine accordingly. I remembered to take a picture of several of them to share with you before packing everything up in his backpack to go to school Monday (did I forget to mention schools are closed Friday, for sure?) - ahem - FOUR days ahead of the due date (next Friday). Yup, I'm pretty proud of us. The Valentines turned out pretty nice, don't you think?


Things that are getting neglected this week include produce, as the three sad bananas on our kitchen counter could tell you. I had an absolutely amazing banana chocolate chip muffin at Mimi's Cafe last week and I want to see if I can recreate the experience at home. Except, you know, the Mimi's muffin probably had like 3,000 calories...I'm hoping to avoid that part! I'll definitely post the recipe if I can come up with something decent, though.

Until tomorrow, keep warm and stay safe in whatever crazy weather you are experiencing!

No comments:

Post a Comment