Monday, March 7, 2011

Meal Planning - March 7


I said on the phone with my Dad last Monday, "I'm actually glad February is over, because maybe this string of people dying will be over." Yup, wrong. My husband's uncle passed away unexpectedly last Thursday, so we are making preparations to travel to Houston mid-week for his funeral. I'm hoping to convince my mother-in-law to come back up to DFW with us for at least a few days afterward. Since we have Spring Break next week, we could spend some unexpected quality time with her and Monkey Boy would be *overjoyed* to show her his room, take her for walks, etc. My husband suspects she will be anxious to get home (Washington state), however, so we're not counting on anything.

The marathon listening sessions continue for me, coming up on the third funeral in four weeks. By the grace of God, I'm going to figure this all out to my own satisfaction, and figure out how to say for myself, it it well with my soul.

Here is our abbreviated meal plan for the week:

Monday

Lunch - Leftover Fajitas, green salad, apple slices

Dinner - Cheeseburgers, french fries, carrot chips (Daddy is grilling out - yay!)

Tuesday

Lunch - PB&J on wheat bread (no crusts), yogurt, carrot chips & Ranch dressing

Dinner - Lasagna Soup (made ahead & frozen)

Wednesday

Lunch - Turkey & cheddar on wheat bread (no crusts), applesauce, green salad

Dinner - On the road to Houston!

What are you eating this week? Need more ideas? Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie's Meal Plan Monday, where I, along with hundreds of other bloggers, link up my meal plan for the week each Monday. Make it a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment