Sunday, September 26, 2010

Meal Planning - September 27


Man, it's been a challenging week. The honeymoon is definitely over for Monkey Boy and his Kindergarten teacher. On the positive side, his reading and writing is "blowing me [the teacher] away." On the negative side, he can't seem to get through the day without disrupting the class during group instruction, being unsafe in his tiny chair, and/or misusing school supplies. My personal favorite incident was last Monday - "Mommy, I was just trying to eat a pencil. I wanted to see if it felt the same way in my tummy that it does in my hand when I write." Heaven help us!

In other news, my students are all amazing this year and my husband hasn't had a nervous breakdown over his students this year yet, so...perhaps it all straightens out in the grand educational wash?

Monkey and I were supposed to perform with our dance group at the Texas State Fair on Saturday, but both performances were sadly rained out. One of my friends asked at church today why we weren't as brave as the country line dancers (who she saw on the news last night). Pretty sure their outfits are machine washable. Wool kilts, wool hose and velvet vests aren't! Scottish Highland Dancers are not as waterproof as we sometimes need to be :-/

Anyhow, on to the food! This week we've decided to only plan the weekday meals, and then reconvene Thursday or Friday evening to discuss weekend options. I'm enjoying these mini-food conferences with my man ;-)

Monday Lunch - Leftover spaghetti, carrots, apple slices

Monday Dinner - Beef tacos

Tuesday Lunch - BLT sandwiches, chips, applesauce

Tuesday Dinner - Salsa chicken & rice (made ahead & frozen), vegetables of some sort

Wednesday Lunch - Tamales & queso from Central Market, carrots, apple slices

Wednesday Dinner - Baby burgers, french fries

Thursday Lunch - Chicken enchiladas from Market Street, broccoli, apple slices

Thursday Dinner - Eat Out (bowling league)

Friday Lunch - Turkey sandwiches, carrots, string cheese

Friday Dinner - Chicken spaghetti (made ahead & frozen), vegetables of some sort

Man, it makes me hungry just typing all that! If you have the munchies, too, head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie and check out Laura's Meal Plan Monday section, where literally hundreds of other bloggers link up their menus and recipes. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment