Saturday, May 15, 2010

I'm Still Here!

I was doing next week's dinner plan this evening and realized pretty much all I have blogged about lately is meal plans! So where have I been? Too busy, for sure. Working in a public school district, this is our serious crunch time - 3 weeks left to finish all the paperwork, sessions, assessments, etc. There is no human way to get it all done, but that won't stop us from trying! Then there have been the neverending birthdays: husband's birthday is at the end of April, exactly 3 weeks before Monkey Boy's, and smack dab in the middle of the two is Monkey Boy's BFF's birthday, so parties abound. Last night I played a wedding of a couple friends - totally awesome time and well worth it, but I am getting too old to stay up for a midnight wedding! Today I took a 2 hour nap and now it is an hour past my bedtime and I am not sleepy at all. Oh dear. Well, at least I'm getting some things weeded out of the To Be Scanned box by the computer!

More news: Monkey Boy is leaving in early June to visit his grandparents and various other extended family members up in the Pacific Northwest. He has done this before, so there shouldn't be too much separation anxiety for either one of us, but I am especially anticipating my husband being gone for a week, taking him up there. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband, but it's been a while since we've had a vacation from each other and I'm looking forward to 7 days of solitude. It will be interesting to see if I can really get as much done this summer as I plan to while Monkey Boy is away, as well.

In other news, I found out this week that I won a copy of the CD "Positive Day, Peaceful Night" by Suzanne Jessee. Being a board-certified music therapist myself, I am always interested to try out various music-based interventions. I'll let y'all know how it is once it arrives. Thanks to Desperately Seeking Deals for having this giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment