Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Handful of Cherries

Last night I had what is probably the worst night of sleep in my recent memory. Apparently, knocking off the narcotics post-surgery has impacted my body a little more than I expected. So now I'm upright and feeling at a loss for what to get done today. That's the problem - I'm not entirely sure that I can get anything DONE. There are so many things to do and I have so little energy that I find myself just sitting on the couch and feeling overwhelmed. Clearly not the most efficient way of dealing with life, right? 

So in an effort to feel like I'm getting something done, something that will be appreciated, I've dug into the bags I brought home from work last week and pulled out three pretty cherry-printed cottons that have been earmarked since early fall to become beautiful, ruffly aprons for my staff to wear for the special breakfast we do for our residents and staff once a month. Oddly enough, I haven't had time to sew them at work or at home in the past six months. I'm choosing to take that as a sign that I'm working my butt off at work, but that also means that I generally get home exhausted & just want to go to bed. 

I'm using a free pattern I got over at JoAnn, called the Josephine Apron. The pattern is apparently not available anymore, which I discovered while frantically searching for it online this morning before suddenly remembering that I actually already had it. I'm glad I printed it out, but I wish I had thought to put it in the same bag as the fabric when I packed up the detritus to bring home for my fun post-op convalescence time (aka now). What you see below is all of the pattern pieces cut out. As soon as I finish writing this, I'm whipping out the pins and the sewing machine and going nuts. Because really, what feels more awesome than finishing a project?


No comments:

Post a Comment