Tuesday, November 15, 2011

An Organizing Teaser & Tiny "New" Pants

I'm afraid I'm going to be a bit of a tease today. It's my first day back at work and feeling reasonably human in...oh goodness, maybe two weeks? Anyhow, wanted to drop a quick note and share the pictures I took in the office yesterday of our current instrument storage system. Or, should I say, the instrument hodgepodge that really needs a storage system in place to quell the madness? I'll let you be the judge...


The other three walls of the office are reasonably organized but, oh my goodness - the instrument wall just makes me want to crawl under my desk and hide! Luckily, I'm not the only one who feels that way. One of my coworkers volunteered to help me overhaul the area and we got the go-ahead from our boss to purchase bins & boxes as needed. Stay tuned for pictorial updates as we weed through the madness!

Remember those t-shirt skirts I upcycled? The scraps have been sitting on my sewing pile for a little while now - they weren't huge, but I felt bad throwing them away if they could become useful. Inspiration finally struck this weekend - baby pants! One of the things I've discovered about turning 30 is that a vast majority of my age-mates are getting pregnant. While we are not planning on any more buns in this oven (one 11 lb. newborn is enough, thank you!), the plethora of offspring in my social group is a great excuse for sewing. Right, since I needed an excuse, right? ;-)

I looked around at a few patterns for baby pants in the 6-12 months size range, but ended up just piecing the scraps and winging it. What do you think?


I think the next pair is going to have a slightly higher rise, although it is longer than it looks in the photo (I wanted to leave plenty of diaper room). Plus the colors look oddly washed out here...hmm...normally my Blackberry is so reliable! Oh well. I came up with the "brand name" I want to put on my clothing, too: "Gabe" With the quotes, definitely. It's an inside joke that one day I will explain...you know, when I'm a rich and famous blogger! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment